Newsletter Facebook Connect
- Find the "The Old North State News" October/November 2016 Edition here!
Current & past issues of ONSC Newsletters...
- Be sure to stop by the Scout Office to pick up your copy of the 2016-2017 Planning Calendar. You can download a PDF copy here...
- Registration is open for the 2017 National Scout Jamboree! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for young men and women to experience Scouting in a whole new light. The jamboree will be held on over 10,000 acres at The Summit Bechtel Reserve in West Virginia from July 19-28, 2017. Participants will join nearly 40,000 fellow Scouts and leaders from all over the United States as they enjoy stadium shows, patch trading, community service, merit badges, and tons of exciting activities like hiking, mountain biking, BMX, canopy tours, challenge courses, stand-up paddle boarding, SCUBA diving, shooting sports, and kayaking!
The fee to participate is expected to be about $1,500. Spaces are limited. Adult leader slots have already been filled. Online Registration is required, click here to go to site.
Click here for ONSC Registration Form to submit with deposit
How to Update Your BeAScout Pin:
The unit leader (Cubmaster, Scoutmaster, crew advisor, along with the unit committee chair and the chartered organization rep) must update the BeAScout pin by logging into their my.Scouting account.
- From the top left menu, select Legacy Web Tools and then BeAScout.
- Set your unit’s pin status to Active.
- Select Unit Mode in the Unit Pin Mode drop-down menu.
- Enter your unit’s current information and save!
- Blue Ribbon Award
Beginning in January, 2017 the Old North State Council is proud to offer the Blue Ribbon award program as a unit-level incentive. As a way of saying thank you to our unit leaders, the Council’s Blue Ribbon program will operate as follows:
Units participating in Popcorn sales, Camp Card sales, and hosting a Family Friends of Scouting presentation will receive…
· free rank advancement in the Scout Shop
· waiver of the $1 per person unit insurance fee at recharter
· a Family Friends of Scouting streamer for their unit flags
Units that complete the above three items during 2016 will be recognized as earning the Blue Ribbon award.
30-2 Fall OA Ordeal
7-9 Woodbadge Session II
7-9 Akela Cub Family Camp-out
8 Leader Specific Training-SM/ASM & Cubs
8 Wake Forest Football Scout Night
12 STEM Unit Coordinator Training
14-16 Alamance Boy Scout Campout
14-16 Uwharrie Cub Family Campout
15-16 Cherokee Cub Family Campout
15 First aid/CPR/AED 8:30 AM - 5 PM
15 & 16 NRA Training Part 1: Scout Office 10/15 & NRA Training Part 2: Cherokee Scout Reservation: 10/16
16 Archery Instructor Training
21-23 Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills
21-23 Alamance Cub Family Camp-out
28-30 Guilford Cub Family Camp out
29 First Aid/CPR/AED 8:30 AM - 5 PM
1 Eagle Scout Alumnin Breakfast at 7:30 AM
Youth Protection Conference
Akela Boy Scout Camporee
8 Whitney M. Young Luncheon
11-13 Wilderness First Aid
11-13 OA Fall Fellowship
12 Cub Scout Shooting Sports Weekend
17 Executive Board Meeting 7 PM
18-20 Guilford Dist. Boy Scout Camporee
24-25 Office Closed - Thanksgiving Holiday
Full Calendar & District Calendars...
Invest in the Leaders of Tomorrow. Support Scouting
Recognize an Eagle with a Brick!
If you are an Eagle and would like o purchase a brick or you want to honor a new Eagle Scout, contact Jim Allegretto at the Scout office at 336.378.9166 or firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to purchase one online. Bricks are $100 each.