Together with your help, the Boy Scouts of America will continue to motivate young people with our message to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes. Imagine
having the opportunity to inspire a youth to be a leader of tomorrow. Support the
organization that builds young people of character and confidence. Give to Scouting today.
Donations may be mailed or hand- delivered to the Old North State Council, 1405 Westover Terrace, Greensboro, NC 27408 or online, just click on the "Donate Now" button.
For a list of gifts in-kind suggestions, click here...
Chief Scout Executive, Michael Surbaugh Announces New Scout Executive
- "The Old North State News" April/May, 2016 Edition
- 2016 Pre-Camp Swim Checks
April 30, 1–5PM @ Bryan YMCA $1.00 each
May 7, 11-1 PM @ Eden YMCA $1.00 each
May 14, 1–5 PM @ Bryan YMCA $1.00 each
May 14, 2 -3:30 PM @ Reidsville YMCA $1.00 each
May 22, 3-6 PM @ Orange County Sportsplex No charge
-Call the Scout Office to make your reservation.
- STEM X is now live and open for registration! STEM X is a week-long STEM immersion program for young men and women who are rising 9th graders and older. It will take place over 6 days at Cherokee Scout Reservation in Yanceyville, NC. Participants will spend six days and five nights experiencing awesome STEM programs and activities like Digital Design, Aeronautics, Geomatics, Aerospace Engineering, Behind the Scenes, The Physics of Power, and much more! Participants will enjoy interactive and exciting programs, not boring classroom instruction. Do your Scouts like robots, unmanned aircraft, 3-D printing, rockets, and programming? Do your Scout parents like the idea of their young men and women learning these programs from experienced and credentialed STEM professionals? If yes, then STEM X is for you! STEM X will be held from July 31 – August 5, 2016. Spaces are limited so visit the website at www.bsastemx.org and check out all the details!
- SUMMER CAMP OPPORTUNITY FOR SPECIAL NEEDS SCOUTS
It is with great anticipation and excitement that the ONSC disAbility Awareness Committee (dAC) announces that Scouts that have Autism Spectrum Disorder can participate in a traditional summer camp experience at Cherokee Scout Reservation this upcoming summer.
The dAC is developing a summer camp program, limited to 10 Scouts that are diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, who will participate in a week long camping program during the Session 6 week (July 24-30, 2016). Click here for more details...
- National Youth Leadership Training Course (NYLT) is being held July 24-29 at Woodfield Scout Preservation. Course is limited to 48 participants. REGISTER TODAY!
- 2017 National Jamboree! Staff and Attendee Registration is now open. Experience the best of Scouting in one place. From stadium shows to merit badges, patch trading to adventure sports, you'll want to be at the Summit Bechtel Reserve in 2017! Click here to SIGN UP TODAY!
- Interested in starting a NEW Scouting Unit? Click here for more information and learn about the William D. Boyce New Unit Organizer Award
- Current & past issues of ONSC Newsletters...