Scouting Units and Explore Post Charter Renewal Information
All Packs, Troops, Teams, Crews and Posts are required to re-charter on-line. On-line re-chartering is the best method to help insure that the information you provide is accurate and current. On-line re-chartering can be done from the convenience of your home or office. It’s secure and easy-to-use. The re-charter paperwork can be accessed from the Old North State Council Web site by going to: http://www.bsaonsc.org/internetrechartering.html
Fees: Liability Insurance- $40 ● Membership fee- $24 ● Boy’s Life- $12 ● Accident Insurance-$1 per person
Recharter Log-in at the bottom of the page...
Here’s how to get started:
- Go to http://www.bsaonsc.org/internetrechartering.html
- Determine the adult who will be responsible for renewing your internet re-charter. This person will select a password that they will be responsible for using during the internet re-chartering process. This password should not be confused with the Access Code. The password simply allows the user to save work and come back to it at a later date.
- Select First-Time User (even if you used internet re-chartering last year) & enter the unit’s recharter code:
- Select the unit type & enter the unit #. (include all 4 digits as shown above)
- Create a password as instructed.
- Complete the information requested on each screen. You can stop at any time, log off the system, and begin again where you left off by reentering your access code and password.
- Update your member’s address and email address (This is important for communication!)
Add New youth and adult members. Because most all of our units renew during the beginning of the year, transfers will need to pay the full registration fee. At the “Update Fee” Stage of the process, you may select Boy’s Life subscriptions and choose if a member is registering as a “multiple” (paid in another unit).
Here’s how to wrap it up:
- When you’ve completed all the information to re-charter the unit, click the Submit button.
- Print the Unit Charter Renewal Report Package, which includes the charter renewal application and lists of new members, transfers, multiples, and no-fee adults. Acquire the appropriate signatures on the Charter Renewal Report and any youth or adult applications. An application must be turned in for members transferring to your unit and for any NEW scouts or adults not listed on your current re-charter All new adults must have their youth protection certificate attached to their adult application.
Take the entire packet along with new applications and payment to the council office or to the district turn-in meeting. TURN IN ALL PAGES, EVEN IF PAGE # 1 IS BLANK. DO NOT TURN IN A DRAFT COPY – DRAFT COPIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Collect all required fees: $40 Liability Insurance fee, $24 per youth and adult fee, $12 per youth or adult for Boys Life, and $1 per youth, tiger cub adult partner and adult volunteers for accident insurance. Note that $1 insurance per member is due at re-charter time!
Please Note: All re-charters must be completed by the 15th of the month. Re-charters are legal documents that must be submitted on time. Units risk liability exposure if their re-charters are not submitted on time and additionally cannot receive advancement or participate in council or district activities. Most individuals do not realize that they can begin work and submit on their re-charters 45 to 60 days before the units actual due date. Examples: Pack 2’s re-charter is due January 15, 2017. They completed all their re-charter work in December and submit it before Jan. 15 insuring that their re-charter is submitted on time and correct.
Online Rechartering will be available for January Units December 1
Note: The supported browsers are Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 9, 10, and 11.
If using IE10, change browser settings to Compatibility Mode. To do so, go to the tool bar at the top of the page, select "Tools", then choose "Compatibility View Settings" from the list.
You will need to log on as a first time user, last year’s code will not work!!!
It is highly recommended that you go through the tutorial. It only takes a few minutes & will be very helpful.
ANYONE NOT APPEARING ON THE PRINTED ROSTER OR IN THE ONLINE SYSTEM WILL NEED TO COMPLETE AN APPLICATION TO TURN IN WITH RECHARTER PAPERWORK.
The copy of your unit roster will also show you the date each adult completed their youth protection training, which is good for 2 years. Anyone who did not take YP in 2016 will need to complete the course. You will need to review the roster and inform individuals that they will need to take YP Training. Direct them to my.scouting.org web site and have them complete the training and give you a copy of the certificate of competition to turn it with your re-charter paperwork.
If you have any questions – please email Tina Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336-378-9166
Recharter Here: Tutorial:
Recharter Unit Online Now Tutorial Help
*THE FIRST TIME YOU LOG IN, LOG IN AS A NEW USER, ACCESS CODES ARE DIFFERENT EACH YEAR AND LAST YEAR'S PASSWORD WILL NOT WORK
How to Renew an Exploring Post:
Go to www.learningforlife.org, click on Exploring and scroll to the bottom of the page and select Post Renewal (on right side under “forms”) and create an account. Once you are in the system, delete the youth and adults no longer with the program. For any youth or adult not listed in the system, they will need to fill out an application.
New Youth and Adult members must complete an application and must have the executive officer and the Explorer Post Advisor’s signature in the appropriate places. Youth Protection Training is required for ALL adult volunteers. The training can be taken online at www.learningforlife.org
A $24.00 fee plus $1 insurance for each youth and adult is collected and turned in with a $40.00 Post participation fee.
YOUTH PROTECTION TRAINING MUST BE COMPLETED EVERY 2 YEARS. THE ATTACHED ROSTER SHOWS EACH INDIVIDUAL’S YOUTH PROTECTION DATE, IF IT HAS EXPIRED, PLEASE TAKE THE TRAINING AND ATTACH A COMPLETION CERTIFICATE TO YOUR RECHARTER PAPERWORK. YOUTH PROTECTION MUST BE CURRENT BEFORE AN ADULT CAN REREGISTER. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.
Adult Structure for Explorer Posts:
The Explorer Post Committee will consist of a minimum of:
One Advisor (EA); One Committee Chairman (PCC); Two Members of the Post Committee (PMC)